Explanation of how to apply for the free fully-funded Turkish scholarship
The Turkish scholarship is one of the easiest grants that a student can obtain “if the application steps are followed correctly and the universities with the highest chances of admission are chosen, in addition to paying attention to letters of intent and recommendation,” due to the high acceptance rates, which reach 5000 students each year.
The scholarship provides to accepted students:
- Study costs: The scholarship is fully funded “free of charge” in one of the best Turkish universities.
- Accommodation costs: The scholarship body shall cover the student’s accommodation expenses in full for the duration of his study “free accommodation and includes housing and daily meals.”
- Travel costs: The student gets free airline tickets from his country to Turkey and vice versa until he returns to his home country.
- Language study: The scholarship provides the opportunity to study the Turkish language for free without paying any expenses for a whole year
- Transportation and transportation costs: The Turkish government provides a transportation card for each student to use public transportation at nominal prices
- Health insurance: The student is entitled to free health insurance for the duration of the study.
- Monthly stipend: The student receives a monthly stipend whose value varies according to the academic level as follows:
- Researchers get 3000 Turkish Lira / month.
A doctoral student receives 1,400 Turkish lira per month.
A master’s student receives 950 TL per month. A bachelor’s student receives 700 Turkish liras per month.
- Housing allowance: The scholarship provides accepted postgraduate students with an opportunity to obtain a “housing allowance” in order to accompany the family if the student is married and has children.
The Turkish scholarship includes the following specializations:
The specializations of the Turkish scholarship include all the specializations available in the Turkish universities concerned with the scholarship, including medical sciences, engineering sciences, applied sciences, arts and humanities, business administration, economic sciences, media, political and legal sciences, Islamic sciences, technology and computer science, arts, and many other disciplines such as Physiotherapy and orthopedic surgery.
Turkish Scholarship Terms:
The student applying for the scholarship must not have been accepted and studying at a Turkish university or obtained Turkish citizenship or a second citizenship. The student can apply for the next stage if he has already graduated or is about to graduate from the current stage.
First: Conditions for applying for a bachelor’s degree
1- The student’s cumulative total should not be less than 70%.
2- The student should not be more than 21 years old.
Second: Conditions for applying for a master’s degree
1- The applicant must have obtained an average of at least 75% in the bachelor’s degree.
2- The applicant’s age should not be more than 30 years.
Third: Conditions for applying to the PhD stage
1- The applicant must obtain a grade point average of at least 75% in the master’s degree
2- He should not be more than 35 years old.
Documents required to apply:
1- A high school diploma, and a statement of grade point average.
2- A valid passport or ID card.
3- A personal photo (it is required that the background be white or blue).
4- Certificate of the previous stage (if you intend to study for a master’s degree, you will submit a bachelor’s degree..etc.)
5- Motivation letter (intention)
6- Letter of recommendation (2 letters)
7- Some Turkish universities require the applicant to pass some tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, YDS, GRE, GMAT.
Important note: All papers must be translated into Turkish or English.